Thursday, August 30, 2018

It's Contest Time


Some of you know that I like to do RPG craft projects. Whether its painting miniatures, making foam board projects, or anything else crafty to do with the RPG hobby. For the entire month of September I want to have a contest where people can show me their crafting skills. With the fall just around the corner and Halloween coming up, one of my favorite times of the year, I want to see some spooky crafts.

What I'm looking for are a classic Halloween monster or scary terrain project you made yourself. It could be a miniature you painted, some terrain you made and painted, an adventure module you wrote, or even a drawing you made. I want to see pictures of the project from start to finish and a brief write up of whats going on in each of the photographs. Pretend you're writing a how to blog post for someone who has never done any crafting before. If it's an adventure module I want to hear your thought process on how you came up with the idea and how you worked out the writing process.

The contest deadline will be October 8th or Columbus Day for the folks in the United States. I will then select a winner and announce them on this blog. The winners entry will be showcased on the blog and will also get some cool shit. I'll send them a brand new set of Ultra Pro roleplaying dice and I'll throw in a pair of extra d6's to make it an OSR set. But wait, these extra d6's arent just any old ordinary dice. No, they are exclusive Thoughts Of A Barbarian custom dice. One translucent blue and one smoke colored dice. To go along with the dice, you'll also get a softcover copy of White Box: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game. Then on top of that I'll throw in a card game. That's right. You will get a freaking cool card game, Tournament at Camelot. That’s nearly a $30 value.

You can send your submissions to ThoughtsOfABarbarian@gmail.com. Make sure to put "Fall Creativity Contest 2018" in the subject line. You don't need to provide any personal information as I will contact the winner after the contest is over. I've also just created a G+ community for my blog where you can share your thoughts and ideas. You can find that right here. If the email file is too big, you can always put it in a Dropbox or Google Drive and send me the link via email.

I look forward to seeing what you guys and gals come up with.

Be sure to head over to the Nerds-International Google + community and don't forget about NIV Con on September 15th and 16th. You don't need to be a member to sign up to run or play in games. So head on over to the sign up page here. I look forward to hearing some new voices or even seeing new faces during the online convention.


Oh, and one more announcement. Come join the Nerds-International at Con on the Cob this year. It’s in Richfield OH, at the Days Inn & Suites. We will be in the Atrium by the pool. I’ll be running an OSR game on Thursday afternoon and a yet to be determined game on Friday morning. Both of my games are off the books so come over, say hello, and join us in some fun games.

No comments:

Post a Comment