Wednesday, August 7, 2019

#RPGaDay2019 Week 1




This was a tough decision for me to participate in #RPGaDay2019 or not. I’ve done the last two years and got bored because the questions felt redundant and boring. This year’s infographic was unique in which a single word is used to prompt whatever you can think of. The previous years I participated daily but this go around I decided to do it weekly, so here goes.



1. First- My first online game was at FGCon 2014. It was also the first Savage Worlds game I played. Aaaand, it was the first game I ever played with my buddy Eric. That was a momentous occasion for me.

2. Unique- One of the things I’m always on the lookout for are unique RPG related products and people. One of those people is a Youtuber named Franky D. Crafter and his channel is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwEfMk3gkARbtasf0eH5uTw
He has a unique way of sculpting minis that’s inspiring and refreshing.

3. Engage- Aye aye captain. I’m a huge sci fi fan but have only played a handful of sci fi games. Two of the games I’m looking forward to playing are Interface Zero 2.0 and my own homebrew version that’s loosely based on Star Trek.

4. Share- I love to share my writing and other creative outlets on social media. I may not be particularly good at any of them but I like to see other people’s reactions to them. I think that’s why I haven’t written on my blog in quite a while. Getting people to interact with me through the blog has always been a problem.

5. Space- The final frontier, these are the voyage of the starship… Yup, its sci fi again. Star Wars is good but Star Trek is waaay better. I particularly like The Orville version of Star Trek. It’s intelligent and a parody at the same time. I’ve often thought of creating a Savage Worlds version of a sci fi parody but I don’t think Pinnacle would go for it. I’d have to sell it to an Ace to publish it since PEG doesn’t really monitor you once you become an Ace.

6. Ancient- Is how I feel since I turned 41 this past February. When I look around on YouTube or at game stores, I see mostly 20 somethings all over and their version of gaming is vastly different from mine. This seems more prominent especially when I get nostalgic and want to play games based in or around the 80’s.

7. Familiar- I was listening to a Gaming and BS episode recently where the hosts posed the question of, if you were put on the spot to run a game with no prep, what would it be? I had to really think about this one because my first reaction was to use the one I’m most familiar with. That would be either Castles & Crusades or Savage Worlds. I’m familiar enough with both to run them on no prep. The issue for me is which one I’m more familiar with and which one is easier to run. I still haven’t been able to figure it out. I guess it depends on how I’m feeling that day.


P.S. – I’d like to take this opportunity to invite you to the Nerds-International MeWe group. There are a bunch of gamers with wildly varying gaming interests in our little community. The very first post in that group is a list of podcasters, bloggers, vloggers, and more so check it out. I’d also like to take this time to highlight Imaginary Ramblings. It’s a podcast about whatever Matt and Ben have on their minds at the moment. It could be a craft beer episode or something on surviving the apocalypse.

No comments:

Post a Comment