Tuesday, August 8, 2017

RPGaDay 2017 Day 8


What is a good RPG to play for sessions of 2hrs or less?

To be perfectly honest, I think this is a dumb question. You can use any RPG to play 2 hours or less. When I run games, I plan to run them for right around 3 hours and make sure I have enough extra materiel on hand just in case the players move more quickly through the adventure than I anticipated. In Savage Worlds that means I plan to run 5 scenes in 3 hours and I'll bring 2 or 3 extra scenes. If I wanted to play for 2 hours or less then I would reduce it to 3 scenes but I would still have 5 on hand just in case. What does all this mean? Well, just be prepared to run a game longer than necessary and you'll be covered. If you want your game shorter then make it shorter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment