Tuesday, August 15, 2017

RPGaDay 2017 Day 15


Which RPG do you enjoy adapting the most?

Photo courtesy of Terry Hansen
Savage Worlds is by far my favorite system to adapt the most. It is really easy to come up with something rather quickly. Your general thug NPC will have a d6 in everything and only have 1 wound. The big bad guy shoud have one or two d8's with the rest at d6 and he has 3 wounds. This also depends on what stage of development the player characters are at. The bad guy should be a challenge and have henchmen around in the final battle. I've found that 5 scenes is a good starting point for a 3 hour session. The number of scenes you will go through is highly dependent on the players at the table. Some players will role play more and extend a scene longer than you anticipated while others will run through to get to the end. Usually after watching a good move I'll say to myself, how can I savage this movie into a game? I think that is the ultimate compliment someone can give to a game designer. When was the last time you watched a movie and said, how can I D&D this movie? If your'e like me then that has been very rare.

No comments:

Post a Comment