Saturday, August 26, 2017

RPGaDay 2017 Day 26


Which RPG provides the most useful resources?

Now this is a tough one and not because there are very few but because there are so many to choose from. Pretty much any RPG in a digital format provides the best resources for me. I like to be able to copy and paste text, photos, and tables into Fantasy Grounds or just to separate them so I can use them as player handouts. To single out one in particular is very difficult. I would say the best ones also allow me to get my imagination going and provide lots of plot hooks. It doesn't even have to be established plot hooks but a single sentence in a book could spark an entire adventure. At the moment I'm reading Ashen Stars by Robin D. Laws from Pelgrane Press and it is really good at showing the GM how an investigation is constructed and goes into detail of how to incorporate your players personal arc within an investigation or case as it's called in Ashen Stars. Robin did such a good job writing this book, I'll have to give the nod to Ashen Stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment